Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Time to Get Organized

I'm a big fan of spring cleaning. In fact, I think it's awesome. Ask the hubby, he hates how I go through our house weekly just throwing out various things of mail that we don't go through (like we're really going to use that coupon to Captain D's, which we haven't been to in like 6 months...really??). Anywho, with an excuse of "spring cleaning" time I seem to get a free pass to do it without harassment and I take full advantage!

This year though, spring cleaning is going to take on a whole new meaning. I'm going to let you in on a little secret but you have to promise not the judge! Promise? Pinky swear you won't judge because this is BAD! Alright, so we have an office but I don't usually use it. It's sort of become my husband "computer room" slash junk room. Whatever doesn't have a home usually ends up here....case in point:






So what you are seeing is Bailey's recliner (yes, the dog has his own recliner. we've had this chair for 5+ years and he loves sleeping on that chair) and a television stand we need to get rid of since I made one that better suits our need (see DIY Dresser Turned TV stand) plus a crap TON of magic cards (hubby's nerdy habit). We have zero storage or organization in this space. And since it was the hubby's space I have never really been "allowed" in it. That's about the change....

I posted earlier this week that we went to iKEA up in Maryland, well..........we bought a new desk set and a huge wall storage unit for this space!! This will help us sort out the random things that need a home. Over the next week we are going to be assembling the items to completely redo the space. I've seen many bloggers' office makeovers, like Shelley from House of Smiths and Kate from Centsational Girl, that are gorgeous. I love the vision they have for their working space and I want that for our home office because it's not just going to be the hubb's space anymore. Nope, I'm invading the space! (NO ROOM FOR YOU! MWUAHAHA!) :)

One of the things that I am certain I'll include is COLOR. I love when I see spaces that incorporate that "pop" of color, take a look: 



These colors are so "my style". I love blues, greens and browns. I strive to have the "beach" or "cottage" feeling. But for this space, I've decided that I want Apple Green to be the accent color. Yeah, that's right. I wanted to get the entire desk Apple Green, but I was shot down. :( (In retrospect, that could be a lot of Apple Green) Don't you worry though, I have already found other ways to bring in this color. I'm very excited to begin working on this revamp! Hope you come back to visit as I post our progress. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment