Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Activities

Did you have a good Mother's Day yesterday? I'm not a mom, well to a human child that is, but I had a pretty awesome day celebrating two moms I love so much...my own mother and my mother-in-law!

Yesterday we started the day going to church and watching my adorable little nephews get dedicated to the faith. My brother and sister-in-law picked a couple versus that meant something to them to represent Aiden and Camden as they pledge their faith to God.




After church, we went to a Mother's Day brunch at Finn McCools in the Landstown Commons shopping center. It was a lovely little brunch with the family; we had the in-laws (including my lovely sister-in-law Amy), my brother and his family, my parents, Ryan and I.

Look at him stuffing his face

The crumbs on the floor

Goodness I love this boy!

My FIL, Tyler (my brother) & my dad

Amy & Camden

Me and my SIL

My nephew Camden & me....LOVE HIM! :)


Then we hopped over to the Farmer's Market at Princess Anne and browsed through the cute little shops. There were tons of really cute things, tons & tons of fresh veggies and sweets galore...take a look:


The family looking at the vegetables

A lot of honey jars here

These tomatoes were as big as Camden's head! WOW!

Delicious food...

Beautiful eyes

Pretty flowers

Aiden loves his veggies

Oh...he found candy!

I love gummy candy

Oops, we found a bakery too!

The cinnamon rolls are gnormous

More deliciousness from the bakery

Aiden found a chicken

Seriously? A plant in old shoes?

This is just too cute, but weird at the same time.

Tyler being goofy in the shop

I actually LOVE this, trying to find a place for it in the house. Only $18.99!


And to finish off the fabulous Mother's Day, the "kids" (Ryan, Amy and I) cooked a delicious dinner. Fried fish and coleslaw on a toasted bun with rosemary french fries. YUM!

Oh goody, I so want this again!

Found the recipe in a Southern Living Magazine

Happy couple after a very enjoyable weekend!


I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my family. Even though I'm not a "real mom", even I know that creating memories with family & friends is what it's all about. I'm glad we were able to do that & hope you all did too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment