Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Holy Sweet Tooth Batman

Today continues our lovely vacation....what was on the agenda? Downtown Frederick. We've been here several times, each time we've had an awesome time. Usually it'll involve eating at a little restaurant. Like the last time we went, we ate at a cute little Italian restaurant and had an amazing meal! {Getting hungry just thinking of it}

This time my hubby wanted Cuban. So to Downtown Frederick we returned for another amazing meal. And it wasn't just the lunch we had that kept us, it also happened to be the cute neighborhood & tons of amazing SWEETS!!

Here's the Cuban restaurant we went to for lunch. I had a steak sandwich {no, I didn't take a picture of the meal} and fries. YUM!



And just in case you were wondering, I was sporting a new outfit too. I don't usually do the long shirts and tights, but today I was feeling a little risky! ;) Whatta think??


And here are the sweets I'm talking about. We went to another candy shop {there are about 3 or 4 in downtown} called Sweet Memories. It had all sorts of candy from my childhood. Included were the tiny size Chiclets, Fruitstripe gum, Mambo {OMG, LOVED THOSE}, salt water taffy, candy cigarettes {I realize it's terrible to say, but I really did think they made me cool when I was younger} and more! Definitely brought make some 'sweet memories'. ;) 


And if that wasn't enough, we also went into a cupcake shop! If you know me, you know I can't avoid going into a cupcake shop where there is one. And today's sweet treat from the cupcake place? Chocolate Raspberry and Red Velvet.


That was pretty much our day. We walked around downtown and I scored a couple cute photos {see below} but then we went home and watched movies all night.



Pretty picture of the door!

Loving this entry way...

These bars in front of the windows are super cool.
 
It was an awesome day; nice relaxing, just what the doctor ordered!!

No comments:

Post a Comment