Monday, May 28, 2012

Pinterest Inspired Cake

So the other day I pinned this awesome Kit Kat Cake from Made in Melissa's Kitchen. A girlfriend of mine commented on the pin stating that she had made it & really enjoyed it. She alluded that it was super easy to make; and since I didn't have anything super pressing to do today, I decided to try it!



I see so many people take something they've seen on Pinterest and make it; it turns out so well & they feel accomplished. So I took a stab at the kit kat cake and I'm pretty impressed with myself. Obviously it'll never look as awesome as the picture above, but mine isn't too shabby (if I say so myself). ;)



All you do is take your favorite cake recipe, bake and let cool. A little secret to have a moist cake is to stir the batter until your arm feels like it's going to fall off (no lie, it's several hundred mixes) and then cover the mixing bowl with a kitchen towel for about 5 minutes. It's the secret ingredient to help make it extra moist. A friend of mine shared that little tip with me & I promise you it works! Try it....



Anywho, back to the cake. Before frosting, make sure your cake is shorter than a kit-kat bar, if not trim some off the top to leave room for the M&M’s. Frost with your favorite frosting.

Take a bunch of kit-kat bars (about 4 large packages), cut or gently break each bar into two sections. Place the bars on the cake, gently pushing into the frosting. Tie with a ribbon and fill the center with M&M’s (about 1 large bag). Ready to see my cake??



I'm pretty excited to try this little guy. Good thing I ran 6 miles today, I'm going to be on a sugar rush after having a piece of this!! Have you tried something you've seen on Pinterest? How did it turn out?


No comments:

Post a Comment