Tuesday, November 16, 2010

NOLA Adventures

It’s been about a week since I left New Orleans. I’m getting settled back into my usual routine of work and home life. I wrote previously that I hoped the trip would allow me to get to know my new co-workers and I’m happy to report that it did. They truly are a great bunch! Here are just a few characters I got to know and love.
The first individual (no names) is who I’d like the call the “crazy” one. This guy was the most interesting person I’ve met in a long time. His overly flamboyant personality kept me laughing the whole weekend. Even on the first day when we just arrived to the hotel from the airport his desperate search for a hair salon because he needed to get his hair cut and products to style it for the tradeshow. It could have also been the HUGE luggage he was towing around with seventeen (that’s right 17) outfits picked out for the four day trip! Bet your bottom I complemented him on every single one of them. LOL But seriously, he’s a great guy; someone I really enjoyed getting to know.
The next chick (yes, I said chick) was a lot of fun to hang out with. I had met her briefly before, but really got to know better with this trip. Often when I don’t know someone well, I tend to do ’20 questions’ to try and pick up conversation and learn more about him/her. It helps avoid the awkward silence in a conversation, which I’m not a fan of.  Anywho, she is a really cool cat. A great dancing partner at The Beach off of Bourbon Street when I had a few glasses of wine! J Plus, she’s a real down to earth, honest person who I can see hanging out with in the future.
The last but certainly not the least was the one I deemed “running the show.” She helped orchestrate the entire event from start to finish. For seven entire days she was in New Orleans getting everything ready for the event, during the event and after the event. Through other projects I have worked with her a quite a bit, but I got to know her on a personal level through this trip. She is a really kind person and the ultimate task master. I spent a great deal of time with her including the best sushi meal I’ve ever had!! (see photo below)

So yup, my trip was pretty much awesome. I missed my husband and the puppy a bunch but really enjoyed going back to New Orleans and learning more about my new co-workers!

No comments:

Post a Comment