Friday, September 7, 2012

It's Time For a Change

Yup....it's that time again. Time for a change in good ole Luce household. This time my eyes have set their sight on the guest bedroom!

I'm not sure I've ever talked about the guest bedroom before. When we first moved into our home 4 years ago, my sister-in-law was living with us and it was her bedroom. So she picked out the paint and decor to make her style. It's been several years since she's moved out and we've just had the rules hold our futon and other junk items when my in-laws come to stay (which is actually quite frequent).

So with that in mind and my need to change something up, I've made a board on Pinterest to get some inspiring ideas!!



As you can see, I'm trying for a light color scheme for paint but adding some personality with accent colors. This is the room where my first DIY chair is located which is an apple green color which is why green is showcased in this board. But I also LOVE blues-I mean have you seen my house-so I know that'll be incorporated. But there's something about the stripes that draw me in. So I think I'd like to try my hand at that on a feature wall.

These gorgeous photos of the beach have stolen my  heart!! I really want to get them (although they are a little pricey on the Etsy shop) because they are so beautiful and encompass everything I want this room to feel. Calm, relaxing and just plain beautiful!


But I'm curious whether I can have a piece of furniture that is coral to go with these photos, when I already have blue and green going on? If not a piece of furtniture, I am certainly going to do like knobs on a dresser or something. How cool would that be?!

I've never done this before, but I love how my girl Shelley from House of Smiths does stenciling in closets/pantries. So I think I might take one weekend and accomplish this. I mean how cool is this!?!


And the other thing I totally want to do is another gallery wall, but include some family portraits with a vibrant background & maybe have Bailey's picture span into two frames like the cat below.



I'm super excited about redoing this space. Not necessarily for my in-laws, but because I want a space I can be proud of and currently it's not that space. Plus, eventually it'll be a nursery and I think having some neutral colors on the wall with a few pops of color will work perfect when it comes to decorating a space for little baby Luce. :) Stay tuned for more updates on this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment