Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Hunger Games

I apologize for my MIA status over the past week. Work has been unbelievably busy and to add to the mix a sick husband is spreading the "love". I think I'm coming down with something as well....EEK!

Anywho, while resting with a box of kleenex, some hot apple cider and under some covers I FINALLY finished the book I was reading. I'm pretty sure you've heard of it....The Hunger Games! If you've not heard of it, I think you've been living underneath a rock because this book is talked about EVERYWHERE! And for good reason; it's a wonderful book.



I don't want to ruin any details for those who haven't read it, but the basis for the storyline is that the nation of Panem has a Capitol which is surrounded by twelve districts. As a punishment for a rebellion, each district has to send one boy and one girl to participate in the annual Hunger Games-a fight to the death on TV. It goes into the story of one participant, Katniss, from District 12 and her fight to stay alive against the other competitors.

Once you get into the book, you don't want to put it down. I want to run out and get the next book, Catching Fire, immediately to begin reading. I have to know what happens to Katniss and from what I've been told the next book continues her story (SPOILER ALERT: obviously that statement just signals that Katniss survives the first book....oh well)! Luckily I'll be able to see the movie very soon, it comes out in March.

Alright, well I'm going to go back to my "spot" on the couch and cozy up a bit to watch some Bones (my new latest obsession). Hopefully I'll kick this thing like a bad habit (corny phrase but applicable to the situation). See yah! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment