Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bailey Painting

Continuing my posts about favorite Christmas gifts, I have to include one of the most thoughtful and specific gifts I received. If you know anything about me, it's that I LOVE my Chihuahua Bailey. I don't have any human babies, but Bailey is my child and has been for 6 years (GULP!).

So this year when my bestie Amanda McCrowell, from Walk a Day in My Flip Flops, and I exchanged gifts, I knew it would be good but I was really thrown for a loop when I saw what it was....



That's right, a painting of my amazingly handsome Bailey!! Here's what he really looks like for a comparison:



Now, Amanda herself didn't actually paint it. Another colleague of ours did. But she orchestrated the painting and was VERY specific that the illustration include Baileys unique trait which is his chocolate brown color. (If you're familiar with Chihuahuas you know that chocolate brown isn't a traditional color of theirs which is one of the reasons I HAD to have him!) So yeah, that was this year's most specific, unique and cherished gifts. It currently sits in my foyer so as soon as guests arrive and leave, they will see my precious little boy's face (again, he's my child so this behavior is normal...right? lol). Eventually I think it'll make its way to a nursery when it comes time to decorate for one. I think that would be cute, in a little baby Luce nursery have a photo of our first "child". ;)

Anywho, I totally love it. I mean who couldn't love that face! Amanda's really up the ante for next Christmas....I'll be prepared!

1 comment: