Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cupcake Wars

Tonight is a new episode of Cupcake Wars and I'm super excited! I feel that cupcakes have been a big craze in the last year, leading to many television shows and local venues.  And I have surely added to the insanity! For my last birthday I had three different cupcakes for my party. I had a Gillian's Sundae (that was actually the name of it), a Bahama Mama and a delicious peanut butter cupcake from Carolina Cupcakery in Chesapeake, Virginia.



In addition to Cupcake Wars on FoodNetwork, there is also a new show on TLC called DC Cupcakes, which I actually got to sample because a vendor sent them to my work. They were absolutely delicious! The variety of cupcakes that are available are amazing. You can do spiked cupcakes, such as champagne, wine, rum, etc. You can do holiday treats with pumpkin, gingerbread and cranberry or even go into the staples such as red velvet, mint, black and white, etc. The options seem endless! Even as I watch Cupcake Wars I'm amazed at the combinations bakers put together. The challenges with wheat grass, sunflower seeds and parsley seem impossible but their creativity puts it all together nicely.

I definitely think I should add to my 30 Before 30 List to include taste testing as many new cupcake flavors as possible! That would be one sweet treat! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gillian!
    Thanks so much for blogging about our cupcakes, but get this- we were a finalist for the reality show DC Cupcakes and today (honestly) we did the video audition tape for Food Network's Cupcake Wars. Cross your fingers that we get this one!!

    btw our Gillian is working on a cruise ship in Hawaii right now, but she'll be back for a month beginning Feb. 10, if you want to meet the other Gillian.
    Dawn, Carolina Cupcakery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dawn! Thanks for commenting! :) I would LOVE to see you guys on Cupcake wars. That would be so awesome. :D Let me know how the audition goes!!

    February 10th, huh...think I may schedule a time to come in and experiment with some new cupcakes. You guys have an amazing selection of flavors. Trying my hand at making cake pops, we'll see...

    ReplyDelete