Ever since Ryan and I bought our house we have wanted to redo the downstairs bathroom. It is hideous! Even the minor improvement we made to it didn’t hide the fact that it was UGLY! So when we received a little extra finances due to refinancing our home, we decided to invest it back into the home with this treasured renovation!
So the demolition started on Saturday, January 8th. It took very little time to destroy all that was in there, vanity, remove toilet, and beat board on the wall and tile on the floor. But what did take the most time was the wall paper on the walls! I hate to say that we were among the guilty adding to the atrocious task of removing wall paper, but when we first moved in the wall paper was beyond help (see picture below).
So we threw paintable wall paper on top and called it a day (or two years). But to bring the bathroom to its former glory, assuming when it was originally built it had no wall paper, we needed to remove the damage. And boy was there! The workers had to remove four layers of wall paper including the yellow painted wall paper we put on, the unsightly wall paper you saw in the previous photo, a white wall paper with blue flowers and an aluminum foil wall paper. I’m not lying or exaggerating when I say aluminum foil; it could have been Christmas wrapping paper-that’s how shiny it was!
We’re on day four of the renovation and it’s coming along quite nicely. I’m super excited about the tile we picked out; I think it’s definitely mine and Ryan’s style. Here are a few photos of the process thus far:
|The demo of our bathroom!|
|The lovely Travertine tile|
The project is suppose to be done tomorrow night, will post photos of the completed project!