Monday, February 6, 2012

Laundry Nook Revamp COMPLETE!

OMG, I am so excited to share these photos.

So a couple days ago I posted that I am on organization overdrive, well I am pleased to state that my main organization project is complete and boy does it look amazing! Here are some before photos....

Love this curtain

View of nook from Kitchen

Now you see, it's become a dumping ground for everything! EEK!
Well, keep that last picture in your mind because now that space is one I am SUPER proud of!! Ready? Here is what the space looks like now....

First step, wall decal from House of Smiths

Adding a decal on one of the baskets

Basket complete....lovely ain't it! ;)

Another view, I'm super proud. lol

Wall decal on the wall. I painted a gray stripe w/bubbles for extra cuteness!


DRUM ROLL PLEASE ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
 TA DA!!!!

Final results! Can you believe the difference??

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Love looking at it now. Looks so weird w/out the curtain.

Pretty, pretty wall decal!

Decided to use black duck tape to make it stand out less.
As you can see, we added a third shelf which is used for the small appliances. Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but we don't actually have a pantry in the kitchen. We had to build a makeshift one our of kitchen cabinets, but any small appliances or extra grocery items (from big box stores) had no home; therefore, went into the laundry space since it's right off the kitchen. And as you can see from the before photo, a lot of things had the same problem. But now, I have a couple baskets empty just waiting to be filled!

So with a little work and some extra $$ I wanted to transform it into a space I loved. After all, I have to walk by it multiple times every single day!

Total budget:
-Paint FREE (left over from another project)
-Shelf & brackets: Lowe's $15
-Baskets: Walmart $70 (6 baskets for $35-extras placed elsewhere in the house)
-Wall Decals: House of Smiths $20 (shipping)
TOTAL: $105

Not too bad for a completely renovated space! :) So whatta think??

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! Can you help me organize and decorate my laundry room now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You linked up to my party!! And wow, what a fantastic transformation. Makes me almost want to do my laundry ;). So cute!

    ReplyDelete