Monday, September 26, 2011

Anniversary Date

Ryan and I just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary! I can hardly believe it, we've been together 81/2+ years and married for 4! I can still remember our first date (don't ask me what movie it was). When I look back at all of the events we've celebrated together, it's crazy. I mean, I was dating him when my brother graduated high school!!!! My brother is married and a father of two boys now. I am astonished that I was able to find the love of my life so early on; it allows me to spend more time with him & enjoy even more memorable events.

Anywho, enough with the sappy stuff right? lol.  We decided to celebrate our anniversary in style. Typically we go to PF Chang's, which is my all time favorite Chinese restaurant, but instead we ventured to a place we've never been. We decided to dine at Bone Fish Grill!




We had an amazing time! The food was delicious, I had the Imperial Longfin which was pan-seared, baked, stuffed with shrimp, scallops, crab meat and lemon caper butter. It was positively scrumptious. And to complement my dinner I had a nice glass of red wine. What? Red wine! I ate fish. I know, I broke the "rules" on that one but I wanted a nice glass of dry red wine & damn it I was going to have it! ;)

So here is the bottle of red wine I tried...

It was called Hayman & Hill Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve
Selection Napa Valley 2007





In Bone Fish it was $7 per glass, as a surprise my hubby bought me the bottle the night after for about $15!! I just finished the bottle yesterday and it was bold, complex, and structured, yet smooth on the finish.I really enjoyed it and will be adding it to the "list".

After dinner we grabbed Dairy Queen (I'm a sucker for their blizzards) and headed home to watch "our shows". Big Bang theory was all new and it was a requirement to watch with the Baileybear!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful evening. Congrats on four years. Many more to you both!

    ReplyDelete