Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New Life to Old Frames

So, I've been into this kick of DIY projects. I'm desperate to try and reinvent something new from something old. I like the fact that it's me doing the decision making, picking out colors and all that jazz. I also even like the "green" aspect with reusing something versus buying something new. I am literally applying that mind-set to various items we need around the house. Case in point....

In my living room are these four picture frames. I stare at them often and lately I have been looking at them and realizing they no longer fit my personality or style. So as Ryan was watching a movie on the couch, I take them off the wall. Pop the pictures and glass out and with a brush and spare can of paint start going to town! You should have seen my husband, he was like "what are you doing NOW?" :) Poor guy, didn't get a say in what I did. I sanded them and committed to changing the look of these frames.

This is me sanding the frames, prep for painting

The before and after
I am even creating a collage of frames that I'm going to partner these "new" frames with. Haven't hung them yet, but will show pictures when I reveal my brand new living room....

Yup, that's right. Tomorrow we'll be breaking ground to a new and improved living room. We are getting the fireplace removed, mounting the television, rearranging furniture and adding an awesome entertainment unit/built-ins! Can't wait to show off the new space. YAY!

1 comment: