Friday, July 22, 2011

Eclectic Tastes

I think I may be maturing. Why do I think that you ask? I’m starting to see my tastes change. As we grow older and take on more of life’s experiences obviously we are going to perceive things differently and bring that experience into other areas of our life. Well, I’ve been married for almost four years. Have a precious “baby” Bailey and have lived in our house for close to 3 years. I’m settled into my career and really enjoy what I do. I’m content with my life. And that’s a great thing!
 
So what am I getting at? My comfort in my life is translating into my home décor style. When I first got out of my parents place I brought all new things at a local furniture store. It had to be new and it had to match. After all, this was my first adult-like purchases. We’ve moved several times since then and we’re settled into our home. Now, however, I look at my home and think of ways to personalize it to match our style (that is a perk to home ownership)! Case in point is the Fireplace Reno. We took an unused fireplace and made it useable space by mounting our television on the wall. Adding an accent color to the space and gave functionality to the room. 
    
In my attempt to give New Life to Old Frames I made a collage on my wall. It’s a mix match of frame styles and colors as well as other art pieces arranged in an off-centered manner. The old me would have measured and make sure it was asymmetrical; whereas, the new me loves the eclectic mix. That same diverse mentality has focused on a new television unit. With the television mounted on the wall, I want a new TV stand to sit higher and offer more storage. And no box furniture store unit is going to do! Instead I took to Craigslist (a new found love which I will write more on later) and found this amazing piece…

Ryan is keen on the gold, but we'll see how it works.
Maybe pick up flex from our picture frames!

Yes, it is a dresser but I'm re-purposing it!

Debating on painting the handles to a pewter color. May look sharp!

Look at the amazing detail. Seriously...

Not that great of a picture, but I'm thinking it'll look
perfect in the living room!


I pick it up tomorrow and I am super pumped about it! I love the movement and curves and the antique nature is exactly what I wanted. This piece will give the room character! And for the price, even if the paint is badly chipped and in need of repair I can certainly do that & come well under any entertainment stand I’ve seen in department stores! This is definitely a score for me. 

If I decide to change it up, I'll be sure to post the before & after photos! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment