Monday, April 2, 2012

What Color Do You See?

Take a look at this photo....what color do you see??



If you said RED, you'd be partly right. Really the color is GREEN. Why you ask? Well let me tell you! ;) Today I had an energy audit done to my  home. This photo shows the fan that was used to suck all the air out of our house. This was done to see where we might have air leaks in our house. In addition to the fan for air leakage, we also had an infrared scan completed to see areas where cold air is coming in our house by ways of cracks or lack of insulation (major culprits? attic and fireplace). In addition to detecting areas for improvement in our home, we were also able to locate a LEAK from our upstairs bathroom to our kitchen. EEK!

So how am I seeing GREEN when the photo is clearly RED? Simply because the energy audit is going to help our house become more energy efficient (i.e. GOING GREEN) as well as save us some MONEY (which is also GREEN)! ;)

I want to give a HUGE thanks to Ed from Dynamic Infrared for educating me on my home and improvements I can make to help it become a more comfortable place.

No comments:

Post a Comment