“We represent the Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild, The Lollipop Guild..” Just kidding! But my friend and I did try our hand at making some homemade lollipops last night and it was TOO fun! :)
My dear friend, who I made the lollypops with, is just TOO creative! I mean it’s crazy all the things she is/has assembled for her wedding. The lollipops are for her candy buffet (too precious) and are a perfect representation of her….sweet & adorable! I must admit though, my first time around was not very successful. The sugar mixture poured out way too fast and they looked like giant blobs going in every which direction. Thankfully though, we picked up the best way to create them (let the sugar cool just a little bit longer) and the thicker batch allowed for more perfect circles. Here are a couple shots of how we created the lovely lollypops.
|Here are the lollipop sticks prepared for their tops|
|My lovely friend mixing up all the ingredients!|
To make these handy-dandy little lollipops, here are the ingredients needed to make them and the instructions (really quiet simple).
· 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
· 1 cup of sugar
· 2-3 drops of food flavoring (we used raspberry and orange)
· 3-4 drops of food coloring (or however many to get your desired color)
· ½ cup of water
· Lollipop sticks (size is your choosing)
- Spray baking sheet with Pam so the candy won’t stick
- Place the lollypop sticks on the pan and tape into place (you can also get a lollypop mold to make it easier)
- In a heavy duty saucepan combine sugar, water, and corn syrup, heat until sugar dissolves. Boil the syrup mixture until it reaches 305 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once it reaches that temp, take it off and put on ice inside the sink. Allow it to cool for about 10 seconds.
- Poor into a bowl and begin combining the food coloring and flavoring to your desired taste.
- Immediately begin pouring onto your lollipop sticks. The mixture will begin to cool quickly, so pour out as much as possible. (We free handed the circles-no mold-so we had to measure how quickly it was coming out to the size she wanted.)
- Let them cool for about 20 minutes and taken them off the pan. Viola! You have beautiful candy lollipops. You can put a little bag around them and seal with colored ribbon for the adorable effect that my friend was going for (see below). :)
|Aren't they beautiful? Perfect favors! :)|