Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Challenge…ME!

I saw this blog the other day from a friend of mine’s Facebook update, “I Challenge YOU!” and it asks some very important questions. Some, I’d like to take a moment and reflect upon and answer…
        
First question: Are you the best version of yourself that you could possibly be?
  
That’s a really hard hitting question. The answer is no….I’m not. But I would like to clarify that I don’t think anyone is really the BEST version of who they could be…I think it’s a continual process. I don’t know that in every instance, someone handles or deals with something the BEST way they should. Nor do I think that everyone, if they’re truly honest with themselves, has the BEST intentions all the time when they do something. Sometimes we’re selfish. I’m not stating that as an excuse. I think the question is meant to point out any improvements you can/should make to get yourself to that caliber. It’s a day by day process, being the best person you can possibly be. So often we succumb to human flaws such as judging others, lying or selfishness. I most certainly can improve in all those areas and do try to each day. Some days are better than others, but this blunt question definitely puts the focus in your mind!
       
Second question: Are there things you have been putting off that you know would get your closer to your goals?
        
This is an interesting question. I say so because I have many goals in my life. I am happy to state that I’m on track with my career goal. My goal was to become a manager before I turned thirty and I accomplished it! I had goals as far as meeting “the one” and I accomplished that, but now a new goal is in the future…starting a family. I had the goal of running in a half marathon and I’ve run in three! But now I feel compelled to set another physical fitness goal. It’s as though we accomplish goals and set new ones for ourselves (or at least I do).  There are goals I have now that I know I will accomplish, given time. Is there something I’m putting off that would get me closer to them? I guess I could only say that there is one recent goal (ready This Past Sunday blog) that I could definitely be making better strides to improve. And the only person stopping me there…is….me.
           
Third question: Most importantly, are you happy with how your life is going? Is there something within your grasp you could do to further maximize that happiness?
     
This question I have no problem answering…YES! Yes, yes, yes….a thousand times yes! Like Charlotte said in the Sex and The City movie when asked how often she was happy in her relationship, “Every day. Well, not all day every day but yes, every day.” That is how I feel.  I am happy in my relationship, my friendships, my family ties and most importantly myself. Circling back to question number one, there are things to improve upon, but I am happy. I consider myself very fortunate to have the life I have and thank God for it every night!
      
Does reading my answers to the questions make you think of your answers? If so, I’d love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment