Thursday, December 30, 2010

I need a break…

Those are the exact words I stated to my friend Missy regarding my exercise regime. And boy did that come back to bite me in the a$$! I stated that because I felt slightly overwhelmed with work, the holiday and trying to keep my training up for a full marathon (my first).  Well, from my mouth to God’s hears because I got that break. I may not have actually meant it, but I got it. With Christmas and the Snowmagedon the gym was already closed for three days (a lot of time in my training especially given that I took the weekend off previously when visiting Ryan’s family) but to add to that break was what came next. I got SICK! Yup, I got sick as a dog. We’re talking sore throat, coughing, running nose, whole body is achy sick. I was that way since the Monday after Christmas till the first week of January and it wasn't fun. So I did not exercised for SEVEN days and really didn't go full speed for two weeks after that. I told Ryan I have not NOT exercised in seven days since January 2010-after I ran the Disney Half Marathon & was on vacation.
I really am concerned with what this break will do to my training schedule. Running a full marathon was already scary enough, but not that I’ve had three weeks without my long runs plus a fourth week with my Key West vacation... I don’t know what to do! I was on track running 11 miles when I stopped, but that’s still not even half of the 26.2 mile race! Given that I was sick and my desire to not overwork myself, I have been taking it easy on the running (b/c I couldn't breathe) so I'm not sure how much I could run right now!
I’ve already researched other full marathons in the area and I am not sure of another one I can do. I really don’t want to travel too far for a race because it gets quiet expensive. HELP! This whole thing got started with my 30 Before 30 List when I put do a full marathon and ideally I’d like to, I’m just not sure about the huge undertaking it’ll be on my body and my time.
Maybe I should rethink the 30 before 30 goal...thoughts anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment