Friday, December 3, 2010

25 Reasons Why I LOVE the Grinch

The Grinch is a wonderful classic Christmas movie. It’s one that is near and dear to mine & my husband’s heart. I love the original but think the Jim Carrey version is great as well; whereas, Ryan is an advocate of the original only. We even purchase Grinch ornaments from Hallmark every year in celebration of the story we love so much. Eventually we’ll need to get another tree just for those ornaments (total of 10 so far)!
So here are the 25 reasons why I LOVE the Grinch movie:
1.       The narrator’s, Boris Karloff, voice telling the story.
2.       The rhyme of the story “Every Who Down In Who-Ville Like Christmas a lot... But The Grinch, Who lived just North of Who-ville, Did NOT!”
3.       The fact that when the Grinch is on television means Christmas is right around the corner! My favorite time of year!!
4.       The mischievous smile the Grinch makes (depicted by Jim Carrey beautifully).
5.       The drawings of Dr. Seuss for the original Grinch.
6.       The song You’re a Mean One Mr. Grinch-awesome song!
7.       I love Cindy-Lou-Who’s innocence and curiosity of the Grinch.
8.       All the awesome Grinch décor to buy at the holidays, like our beloved ornaments from Hallmark!
9.       The humor and pure outlook of the story. Brings me back to childhood.
10.   I truly do love Faith Hill’s version of Where Are Your Christmas song. I could listen to it over and over again!
11.   The fact that Ryan and I have it in common.
12.   The funny names for everything, like “superfluous,” “Subzero Chillibrator” or “kerbabbled.”
13.   That loyal dog! Who could not LOVE Max!!
14.   The vivid colors used in both movies.
15.   The town of Whoville. Such an imaginative place.
16.   From the Jim Carrey version, the romantic love affair of Martha May Who and the Grinch. Such an interesting pair!
17.   All the Who’s hair styles. They are crazy and cool at the same time! I wonder how much gel and hairspray had to be used to keep it in place.
18.   Cindy Lou Who’s family! They are just too adorable. J
19.   The lovely green color the Grinch is.
20.   It’s one of the few Christmas movies that don’t focus on consumerism.
21.   It’s a delightful fantasy away from the realities of the world.
22.   The lesson of Cindy Lou Who and the Grinch. People can change; you just have to have faith.
23.   The warm feeling that I get when watching it!
24.   The overwhelmingly happy demeanor of the Whos in Whoville. Even after the Grinch took their Christmas presents. We should all aspire to that attitude.
25.   And finally, I just love Dr. Seuss! I think he is totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment