Monday, October 18, 2010

Cuddle Monster


Reading this title you might think I’m talking about someone else, perhaps a child, a dog or even my husband. But I’m not. I’m talking about me. I am the BIGGEST cuddle monster!
   
I just love to cuddle. Not really sure what it is, but I love wrapping my arms around my husband and just laying on the couch watching TV. Or I love when my warm, furry Chihuahua cuddles with me in bed. It just epitomizes home, comfort and family time in my mind. That being said, not everyone feels the same way I do. Case in point-my husband!
   
Ryan is not a cuddle person. The small sliver of a chance I have for cuddles, is prior to him eating, not when he’s too warm, not when he’s “busy” doing something else and certainly NOT when he’s sleeping! A lesson I learn far too often… Given that I’m a HUGE cuddle monster, I tend to try and push the envelope for designated cuddle time. On many occasions that will be when Ryan is sleeping. I wake up a few times each night, for whatever reason, and I usually take the opportunity to snuggle closer to my honey. 
   
I’m not sure how it’s possible, but I think his subconscious actually knows what I’m trying to do; therefore, he reacts. I cannot count how many times I have gotten turned or pushed away, or worse an elbow to the face! I know he’s asleep when he’s doing it because I’ll recount the story to him in the morning and he has no recollection of it. But without fail, no matter how persistent I may be, cuddling him while he is asleep does NOT work. Now to be fair to my husband, there is another small window I am allowed to cuddle him. In fact, it’s some of the most treasured time I have with him. In the morning, after I’ve gone to the gym and showered, he will start to wake up. In his groggy state, I am able to lie in his arms and just relax. If it weren’t for both of us having to work, I know we would stay there for hours. It’s a surreal moment. 
   
And like a child, no matter how many times I’m told “no”, I will continue to push the boundaries. I mean, how can I not. I’m the CUDDLE MONSTER! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment