Friday, January 11, 2013

New and Old

Am I the only one who finds the new "old" or "vintage" trend interesting? It seems buying vintage or thrifting is a hot trend both in fashion and home decor. Take an old piece of furniture, like my dresser turned TV stand, buy it and turn it into a new piece by sanding it down and painting. Or take a 1950s inspired dress and remix it with a new belt, colored tights and booties and it's a classic outfit for the office. A mixture of old items, made new.

While at TJMaxx the other day I saw this beautiful bowl that looked vintage but it wasn't. The delicate flower detail with light blue coloring reminded me of my grandmother's kitchen wallpaper but there was something that just appealed to me. Screamed "take me!" So I took her home. She now sits on my jewelry stand giving my pearl necklace and skinny headbands a home.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment